Greetings from the Schwarzman Scholars Admissions Team!
I wanted to reach out as you prepare to click “Submit” on your application to join the next cohort of Schwarzman Scholars. As I am sure you are aware, all components of your application must be completed and submitted by Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). Click here to access your application. Our admissions team is excited to begin the work of selecting another dynamic group of young leaders to join our global community.
I wanted to share a few tips on what makes a strong Schwarzman Scholars application. The tips are simple, and you’ll likely find them familiar:
1. The most important word to keep in mind is “authenticity.” We want to get a clear view of who our applicants are, what types of leaders they are, what makes them animated, what they want to do, how they think they can get there, and why Schwarzman Scholars is essential in that vision. Tell us who you are, not what you think we’re looking for. Our Admissions Committee isn’t looking for one thing. We’re looking for unique young leaders who can bring something new and interesting to the program. Share your leadership narrative and your plans with authenticity.
2. Focus on demonstrated leadership. We are looking for candidates who embody a leadership vision, can identify innovative solutions, and are motivated by excellence. Focus on tangible examples of demonstrated leadership in action when finalizing your application.
3. Proofread your work. You don’t want unnecessary mistakes to distract from a clear picture of who you are. Effective communication is important for a leader —show us you understand that with your application.
4. Check in with your recommenders. You don’t want a lack of recommendations to cause you to have an incomplete application that cannot be sent for review.
5. Read through the application instructions carefully and follow them meticulously.
6. Enjoy the process. Submitting an application for Schwarzman Scholars is a valuable and important opportunity for self-reflection and self-evaluation. If taken seriously, you’ll leave this process better and stronger.
Even a cursory look at the world we are living in today provides many examples of why this program is more important than ever. Many of the world’s challenges can be overcome by common understanding, teamwork, and communication.
We’re excited to read your application.
Director of Global Admissions