The inaugural class of Schwarzman Scholars arrives in August. Below are recent photographs from earlier in the summer showcasing the building as we finalized construction.
1. Schwarzman College is located in the heart of Tsinghua University, one of China’s premier institutions.
2.Designed by Robert A.M. Stern Architects, the 200,000 square foot campus will be one of the first LEED Gold–certified academic buildings in China.
3. The sunken courtyard is the heart of the building and an ideal space to work, socialize and meet with professors and mentors.
4. Surrounding the courtyard, there are classrooms, study areas, a 230-seat auditorium and conference center.
5. Our state-of-the-art classrooms are outfitted with the latest instructional technologies and have been designed to encourage lively discussion and debate.
6. In the library, scholars can study with the support of our technology desk, staffed with e-librarians who assist with research, journal access and tech support.
7. Located at the entrance to the building, the Forum will provide a centralized space for students to study and socialize. The room will also accommodate large scale gatherings with distinguished guests.
8. The top floors of the building offer state-of-the-art student residences that are organized in groups of eight private rooms around a common lounge.
9. The building will provide a comfortable home base for scholars as they explore Beijing and China.