Schwarzman College, in collaboration with the appropriate school or department at Tsinghua University, is recruiting for full time tenured or tenure track faculty for the College. The appointment will be made either solely by Schwarzman College, or jointly by Schwarzman College and the relevant Tsinghua School or department with primary teaching responsibility at Schwarzman College. All appointments will be provided with competitive pay and access to seed research funds.
About The Organization
Designed to inspire the next generation of global leaders, the Schwarzman Scholars program is the most significant of its kind since the Rhodes Trust was founded in 1902. With nearly $600 million raised so far, it is also the single largest philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China by largely international donors.
The 100-200 scholars chosen annually for this highly selective program work towards a one-year Master’s Degree in Global Affairs at Tsinghua University in Beijing — one of China’s most prestigious universities. As individuals who want to have a positive impact on the world, Schwarzman Scholars are selected based on their academic credentials, extracurricular interests, and leadership potential.
We are seeking scholars in global affairs, Chinese political economy, and leadership who are excellent teachers and scholars with an interdisciplinary focus and whose work is related to China.
The appointed professor will teach courses in the Schwarzman Scholars program and will contribute to the core and elective curriculum at Schwarzman College in collaboration with other core faculty and the Academic team. Seed research funding will be available to support the appointee’s scholarly research and career development.
The appointee will be expected to lead or participate in teaching core required courses (in leadership, global affairs and on China) at Schwarzman College along with one additional elective course (to be mutually decided), and should have teaching expertise in one or more of the following topics:
- Sustainable development, climate change, environmental policy, energy policy
- Science and technology policy, innovation, digitization, AI, cybersecurity
- Social policy, including health policy, demography, aging society, education policy
- Finance, business, entrepreneurship, global trade
- Urban planning and development, urbanization
- Globalization, global institutions and global governance
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
The following qualifications and credentials will be considered for the appointment:
- Strong record of teaching, research and publications；
- A doctoral degree in public policy, political science, economics, international relations, history or other relevant field; field experience in a developing country is preferred;
- Fluency in English (for purposes of teaching, research and communications);
- Cross-cultural knowledge and experiences are strongly preferred.
To apply, please send an application cover letter, a curriculum vitae (including a list of publications and courses taught), and the names and contact information of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Schwarzman College Professor) before the deadline of November 30, 2023.