The Foundation Administrative Assistant role entails supporting the Director of Global Admissions, the Director of the Global Alumni Network and Professional Development and the Chief Marketing Officer (“the Directors”).
Full time position is based in New York City with some remote work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other category protected by law.
About The Organization
Designed to inspire the next generation of global leaders, the Schwarzman Scholars program is the most significant of its kind since the Rhodes Trust was founded in 1902. With nearly $600 million raised so far, it is also the single largest philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China by largely international donors.
The 100-200 scholars chosen annually for this highly selective program work towards a one-year Master’s Degree in Global Affairs at Tsinghua University in Beijing — one of China’s most prestigious universities. As individuals who want to have a positive impact on the world, Schwarzman Scholars are selected based on their academic credentials, extracurricular interests, and leadership potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Partner closely with admissions leadership to set agendas for weekly admissions team meetings to ensure both the outreach and selection processes stay on track
- Manage calendars including scheduling appointments, confirming meetings, and liaise with many high-level offices globally, both in person and virtually, for the Directors
- Coordinate heavy travel arrangements including flights, visas, cars, hotels for the Directors
- Preparing materials and taking notes for weekly, bi-weekly and ad hoc meetings
- Meet and greet guests, register guests in visitor’s system
- Maintaining and organizing files, photocopying, and scanning
- Entering and updating contacts and prospective leads into various CRMs including Outlook contacts, 12twenty, Salesforce; mail merges for bulk mailings
- Prepare and set up conference room/meetings
- Oversee supplies for the Directors’ teams and programs — such as brochures, pens — and coordinate shipment of supplies where needed
- Complete expense and out of pocket reports including tracking receipts for the Directors
- Manage reimbursement process for various program contractors – alumni, scholars, interviewers, candidates, and readers
- Proofing emails, memos, and communications
- Provide project management support for leadership programming – create sections/small groups, manage communications with facilitators and Scholars, handle changes/updates, track attendance, draft surveys, etc.
- Support in event tasks including performing tasks leading up to events and playing a critical role on-site at events, e.g. admission promotional events and interviews in Beijing, London, Singapore, and New York and Alumni events
- Support the admissions selection process such as preparing for committee review
- Work on various ad-hoc projects as needed by other teams within the foundation
- Collaborate with other foundation assistants to support the daily operations of the office
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (emphasis on Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with office tools such as Zoom, Box, and Adobe Acrobat
- Thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environments, and able to multi-task, prioritize competing tasks and deadlines
- Experience with CRMs such as Slate by Technolutions, 12twenty and Salesforce
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and stakeholders (faculty, students, external contacts)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Forward thinker and problem solver
- Create and produce accurate reports
- Able to use strong judgment and maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrates adaptability in dealing with changing and uncertain circumstances
- Takes initiative but knows when to seek direction and ask for help
- Team player who is committed to the greater good of the organization and overall success of the team
- Experience with WeChat a plus
- Willing to accommodate global business hours
- Occasional lifting, carrying, and moving boxes
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in higher education, non-profit, or start-up environments
- Database experience is a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a plus
- International experience is a plus
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, subject line: Joint Administrative Assistant.