Admissions Operations Officer
Schwarzman Scholars seeks an Admissions Operations Officer to be part of the Admissions team to execute a world-class admissions process, designed to select the next generation of young leaders from around the world for an unparalleled experience in China via the Schwarzman Scholars Master’s program at Tsinghua University.
The Admissions Operations Officer will be responsible for managing the day-to-day Admissions operations at the Stephen A. Schwarzman Education Foundation (SASEF) in New York. This position provides technical expertise and support to advance the organization’s goals of outreach and selection, the management of the Slate CRM system, and is skilled in data analysis. The Admissions Operations Officer reports to the Assistant Director of Global Admissions.
About The Organization
Designed to inspire the next generation of global leaders, the Schwarzman Scholars program is the most significant of its kind since the Rhodes Trust was founded in 1902. With nearly $600 million raised so far, it is also the single largest philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China by largely international donors.
The 100-200 scholars chosen annually for this highly selective program work towards a one-year Master’s Degree in Global Affairs at Tsinghua University in Beijing — one of China’s most prestigious universities. As individuals who want to have a positive impact on the world, Schwarzman Scholars are selected based on their academic credentials, extracurricular interests, and leadership potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as the Admissions Team technical lead in daily operations; provide analysis and consultation to leadership or other departments.
- Manage data and records in the Schwarzman Scholars Slate by Technolutions CRM instance as it relates to internal and external users, prospective applicants, applications, organizations, organization contacts, interviewers, and networks.
- Create, update, and direct auditing of existing Slate forms, queries, and reports.
- Configure and collaborate with colleagues on the implementation of marketing campaign strategy.
- Build and audit admissions events in Slate such as outreach events and interviews.
- Coordinate regular Slate training sessions with internal and external constituents.
- Lead and serve as a resource on Slate projects with consultants and partners when necessary.
- Analyze and increase efficiencies of application processing and daily operations, including implementing new Slate functionality, testing, and driving new technology initiatives.
- Lead the annual U.S./Global application launch and all necessary application edits and testing.
- Serve as lead contact with the China Admissions team to ensure that both applications are aligned, in consultation with the organization’s manager of data systems.
- Analyze and document operational workflows and procedures to direct possible improvements in consultation with the Admissions Team leadership.
- Manage and maintain annual outreach and selection calendar with the Assistant Director of Global Admissions.
- Work closely with the SASEF Data Systems Manager to ensure Admissions data is compliant with the organization’s data retention policies.
- Manage reimbursement process for scholars, interviewers, candidates, and readers.
- Oversee Admissions operations duties including shipments for outreach and selection.
- Stay informed of higher education trends and new technologies.
- Performs other admissions-related duties and functions as assigned.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- CRM experience with Slate by Technolutions is strongly preferred.
- Possesses data analysis and analytic skills to pull data and create reports.
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge is expected; A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (emphasis on Excel) required.
- Demonstrated experience as an agile problem-solver who can work well in time-sensitive situations.
- Exhibits a high aptitude for learning.
- Ability to handle sensitive data and information with security and care.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate clearly by email, chat, and in virtual meetings.
- A team player who is committed to the overall success of the team and to the greater good of the organization.
- Committed to delivering high quality, stakeholder-centric care and customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Two years of CRM experience (Slate by Technolutions strongly preferred).
- Experience in higher education and/or university admissions with global stakeholders is strongly preferred.
This is a full-time position based in New York City with a hybrid remote work schedule.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary Range: $80,000 – $95,000 USD
- Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. In addition, we offer a retirement savings plan with a company match, a flexible spending plan with a company match and a commuter savings plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other category protected by law.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Admissions Operations Officer.